Strength Solutions is a non profit organization dedicated to helping people and organizations identify their strengths and help them use their strengths to overcome obstacles to their success.
In order to assess strengths, individuals, teams, and organizations are given a list of virtues and access to their definitions and asked to identify the things that they feel are their strengths.
Instructions and training on how to apply strengths to specific solutions are provided in one of three ways: keynotes, workshops and coaching. The keynotes talks range from 30 to 90 minutes and consist of an interactive lecture. Workshops are generally 3-4 hours at a time and may be up to 32 hours total. They consist of mostly individual and small group exercises. Coaching for individuals or small groups helps them develop and apply skills to address their specific problems.
The goal of strength solutions is to provide long term practices and strategies that allow people and organizations to come to solutions based on their strengths. Some of the strategies include
1) Using appreciative inquiry to determine what is working well or has worked in the past.
2) Practicing language that helps participants see the good in themselves and others instead of focusing on deficiencies
3) Using language skills to set clear boundaries for oneself and others.
4) Using a restorative justice model for conflict resolution when people’s boundaries have been crossed and
5) Developing coaching skills that allow people to help themselves or someone else identify the strengths they have and how to apply them to the challenges they face.